2011/06/28

Road to Build a Voice Message System

Product Planing
I plan to build a "voice Message System" (VMS)

Basic feature:
- record a voice message from iPhone, android device or PC
- without any need for registration
- Receiver will receive a link of message
- the message can be downloaded, and it also can be played on web page.

Advanced feature:
- integration with Facebook


Similar Services
http://vocaroo.com/
http://audioboo.com/


Technical Consideration
For recording, I will not use Flash as "vocaroo.com". As I do not have experience with Flash, I have to set up some flash server to get the recorded audio data, too much trouble. I prefer to use Java Applet, but for recording, I need to get the Java Applet signed, which cost few hundred dollars a year. And I also find out that Java Web Start technology also needs code signed.

For playback, I prefer to use HTML5 native audio playback on the browser. Since different browser supports different audio codec, and no codec is supported by all mainstream browsers, some trans-coding work is needed at server side.


Developing Recorder
Found same some code of a simple audio recorder at: http://www.jsresources.org/examples/SimpleAudioRecorder.html

The create a standalone JAR:
1. Right-click the src directory of the project
2. Choose Export, and select "JAR file" under "Java"
3. Click Next to the third (last) page
4. Select "Generate the manifest file"
5. At the bottom, browse for the "Main class"
6. Finish
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=502171


Code Reference
Downloaded audioboo.jar from www.audioboo.com. Extract it and then use CavaJ to decompile it. and luckily I got source code.



Developing Player
To be updated when I get there...

Developing Trans-coder
To be updated when I get there...

Misc Information
- Audioboo.com's applet is signed with UTN-USERFirst-Object

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Code on Blogger

Simplest way to post code to blogger for me: <pre style="background: #f0f0f0; border: 1px dashed #CCCCCC; color: black;overflow-x:...